Tuesday, May 25, 2010

PB = Personal Best

my tattoo has finally healed and I've been working on getting back on track with my workout schedule. i couldn't even wear sneakers for the longest, so it was only flats and heels for me for about the past 3 weeks. we all know how happy i was to finally put on some kicks...and regular socks for that matter.

two sundays ago (may 16), i got to finally run the lake. i took it easy on my first day in forever out again. i did a moderate slow paced jog about half way around and did about 3 pick ups around the last half. (pick up = intervals of a higher pace/intensity)

then last thrusday, i decided to pick it up a little. i didn't want to go full out since it was only my second day back out, but i did want to challenge myself a little. it was already a feat to get to the lake, i was feeling so lazy after work. so i took it easy on the first half and decided to run a bit harder on the second half and i still included a couple of pick ups. it was super duper windy, so i caught a headwind like 65% of the time, i cramped up about half way through and then again later on, and kept getting dirt in my mouth and eyes...but, when i finished i did a PB (personal best). i ran the lake in 51 min and 30 sec. i know it's still a bit slow, but it's still an accomplishment for me and after that tough run, i felt even better.

yesterday, i forced myself to get to the lake again. after talking to a friend on friday, i challenged myself to run the whole lake at a higher intensity. after a couple of minutes into it at a light jog for a warm up, i picked up the pace the whole way around the lake. i was even inspired by a couple of girls who were there training for a Team in Training event. I was wearing a TNT shirt, so of course they yelled "GO TEAM!" as i passed them. if you ever were a part of TNT, you know that cheer can get your through your toughest times. i ended up making a personal best again. this time i finished in 50 min 47 sec. woo hoo for me.

weird/funny/irritating story coming:

so i finished my hard run and decided to do a cool down jog. i'm running the lake merced stretch toward skyline, and some guy in a car yells out to me while i'm running, "heeyyyy beautiful!" of course i'm still doing a good paced jogged, so i'm not paying him any mind. he drives a little further and stops again, as i pass he yells, "hey beautiful, can i at least get your name?" content with my running speed i still keep running by, he makes a u-turn and stops right in front of me and asks again. of course i keep running. he makes another u-turn and tries one more time. really?! can you not catch a hint!!

first of all, if you've ever seen me work out or run, you know that i look atrocious when i do. i don't care what the hell i look like, i'm not there for you, i'm working out. and indeed, i did. when i got to the car and seen my reflection, i looked like a damn lion. my hair was all over the place and sticking straight up in some parts. lol

secondly, really! does it look like i'm simply taking a stroll around the block? unlike the girls that saunter around the lake while smoking or on the phone, insisting that they actually did a workout, i am actually red in the face from a RUN. what makes you think i'm gonna stop my workout to talk to you! and helloooo...what if i was still timing myself, he didn't know that, but i was at a good pace i could've been. any person in a real workout is not going to stop for non-sense, and you couldn't catch that from the first time i ignored you...

hahaha! ok sorry for the tangent. i had to tell my little story. all in all running has been great and hopefully i can be in the high 40s before the end of the month.

No comments: