Monday, November 21, 2011

deal of the day

as my tweet read yesterday, "I'm quite pleased with myself. I'm getting good at looking for deals and using my coupons. HOLLLERRR!"

i knew i had to go to target to pick up a few little items, so before i went i looked through the new sunday advertisement to see if there were any good deals. and i noticed target is coming out with more and more deals where you can get target gift cards back. lucky for me there were two brands that i needed where i could get gift cards back.

the best deal i got was with aveeno. so, if you brought 3 aveeno products you could get a $5 gift card back. to maximize on this deal, i looked for the cheapest aveeno product, which was a bar of soap for $3.34.

$3.34 x 3 = $10.02 - $5 gift card = $5.01

but i also had some aveeno coupons. i had one for $1.50 off 2 aveeno products and one for $1 off 1 aveeno product, which brings the grand total to $2.52. i only paid 84 cents for each bar of soap.

woo hoo!! i know cheap thrills, but who doesn't like to save money. and you have coupons books that you throw away every sunday, pass them to me. i love saving money.

No comments: