Monday, August 3, 2015

Too Pretty Brand



So I came across this brand on ig.  They liked one of my pictures, so I initially perused through it.  I liked the saying and had all intention of buying a shirt but they didn't have my size.  The one I wanted read, "Never too pretty to hit like a boy."    I found myself every so often wandering back to their page.  So, one night I had time and I actually read through the website, read about the founder Cary Williams and loved what I read.  She totally understood me, as a girl that also identifies with fighters, and being athlete in general.

And then I saw a link that said "Athlete Search."  Soooo, I decided to try.  I'm hoping I get it!

Here's what I answered for "Why would you be a good athlete for Too Pretty Brand?"

I'm a very active person in multiple sports.  And, I'm dedicated to everything I do.   Rarely do I ever miss hitting the gym and when I do, people tend to notice and ask me if something's wrong.  Although I think this is pretty funny, and have to giggle when this happens (because it's usually because a meeting ran long or maybe I needed a rest day), it shows that people recognize how committed I am.

And not only am I committed to myself, I love supporting my teams.  With my fellow fighters, I may not be the first person you see when you enter the ring, but you'll definitely hear me cheering you on.  I try to make it to every fight I can, whether I'm fighting or not.  With my runs, if I'm on the course with you and we happen to pass each other, I make sure to give some encouraging words.   If I'm not on the course, I'll be on the side maybe even with a sign to show my support.

I love what the Too Pretty Brand stands for.   When I read, that Cary was told she was too pretty to fight, but fought like a boy, I chuckled because I've been told the same thing.  When I was first told that I was too pretty to fight, I was a bit perplexed because I didn't know how to feel about the comment.  I had to think to myself, "Are you complimenting me or are you insulting me? "  And then I felt empowered.  Empowered because I knew behind this "pretty" face is also a "pretty" heavy kick.  I love the fact that she knows we don't have to sacrifice our femininity in order to be strong athletes.

No comments: