Sunday, May 4, 2008

71 miles on my bike

training this weekend was pretty hard. i actually did the most mileage on my bike yesterday. i was supposed to ride out 82 miles, but i ended with 71 miles under my belt. =) the ride had some rolling hills, which i've learned to love b/c i can speed down the hill and almost ride about half way up my next hill, which means less work for me. =P i'm not sure what my highest speed was yesterday, i'd have to check, but the last i checked, i hit up to 25.1 miles per hour. funnnn! but, there were many many huge hills on this ride, i tackled all of them on the way to the turn around point, but coming back was a bit of a challenge. i fell coming up a hill b/c i was a bit fatigued and got some more war wounds. really, my knees are all bruised, i was malled by one of my gears, and i have a nasty bruise on my hip. but, i got up and rode out to 71 miles. coach mike and coach pete saved me at mile 71 b/c the course was a little too hard than they anticipated. and, i've learned i REALLY need a new bike seat b/c after 71 miles my rear is NOT happy.

overall, i'm really glad i got to tackle this ride and am happy with the mileage i put in.

No comments: