Monday, May 12, 2008

janice x2 = inspiration

on saturday, i rode a trail that was a total of 60 miles. it was a pretty demanding trail and i definitely had to push my limits once again, especially when you are climbing up a long and tough grade with the wind pushing against you. but, i do feel myself getting more comfortable on my bike and keeping track of my nuitrition. and i don't feel so anxious when i see hill anymore as i've learned to take it "one pedal stroke at a time." =)

on saturday, i had two janice's in mind keeping me going. janice, my teammate, is a mom on seven, a grandma and an awesome teammate. she was smoking me on the trail and i kept thinking "keep up with her." one, b/c i knew we both needed to end as soon as possible, we had places to be, and two, b/c i didn't want to get lost! she's awesome!

the other janice, is my sister. i was trying to be done and race back to the school as soon as possible b/c i did NOT want to miss my sister's black belt ceremony. so i kept my eye on my clock and my milage and kept calculating in my head..."i've gone this many miles in this amount of time, i should be back by this time"..."more than half way there"...anyhow, i made it right on time with my birght sign and all!


CONGRATULATIONS!!!

1 comment:

J Lopez said...

Thanks sister! and thanks for making the sign. i'm happy you're making progress..keep on truckin'