Thursday, October 30, 2008

sooo excited!!!

i'm soooo excited to be doing my next triathlon.  if you haven't heard i will be doing this in KONA, HI...even more specifically WAIKOLOA.  i talked to my coworker terry, who was raised in hawaii, and asked her about waikoloa.  The expression on her face and the excitement in her voice only reassured me that i would NOT  be disappointed.

andddd...one of the friends i have just reunited with, bern, has just decided to join me in my journey.  i'm sooo excited for her to experience what team in training is all about.  and moreso, i'm excited to be able to guide her on her own journey.

the triathlon that we will be doing is called lavaman.  This is only an olympic distance, so it will be a 1.5k (.93 mile) swim, 40k (25  mile) bike, and 5k (6 mile) run.  and we are doing all of this to raise money for the LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY.  if you would like to support me and donate to the cause please visit my donation site.

if you would like to mail me a check, please contact me and I will give you the information needed.

1 comment:

Bern said...

i <3 you my mentor/ cheer coach/ friend/ older version of me :)