Monday, October 19, 2009

Oracle Open World

Last week, Oracle had their big yearly event, Oracle Open World. Basically, we offer classes on how to use the products we have, announce new products coming out, etc etc. If you need something to compare it to, I would say, it's like Apple's MacWorld.

Every year that I've worked for Oracle I've worked in the Oracle Open World bookstore. And, every year, I hear about the concert that Oracle provides for their partners and costumers. I think one year they had Earth, Wind and Fire. I never paid too much attention b/c I never got to go. Well this year, I had the privilege to enjoy myself. I heard that Aerosmith was performing, which was cool, I was just excited to be invited. Then, I seen the line up...



THE WAILERS were on the bill. THE WAILERS! OMFG! I GET TO SEE THE WAILERS. (For those of you that are a bit slow...Bob Marley and the Wailers...insert "ooohhhhhhh" here...) Now I was amped!

This whole Oracle Open World concert is HUGGGEEEEEE! It was on Treasure Island, enough said. There were 2 concert stages, a beautiful huge outdoor one, and a concert tent, carnival rides and games, food tents, beverage bars with beer and wine...oh and did I mention EVERYTHING IS FREEEEEEE!

The first thing we did when we got in was ride this ride like Drop Zone in Great America. We positioned ourselves to see the stage b/c Aerosmith was already performing. OMG! I could not believe my eyes. The view from the top was spectacular. If I could be up there long enough to take a picture, it would have been amazing.




So, we ate food, drank a little bit and wandered around. I made sure to be close to the outside stage b/c that's where the Wailers would be performing. I managed to wiggle myself all the way to the front. And, I'm sure glad I did. It was the best raggae performace I have ever seen in my life. I was brought to my perfect euphoria...dancing and being lost in the music. Needless to say, this goes down in my life recordbook.

The outdoor stage


View from the front

The Best Reggae Performance of My Life

No comments: