Monday, February 8, 2010

28 is looking GREAT!

Yeayyy...I AM OFFCIALLY 28! Obviously my bday is on a Monday this year, so I had to start the celebration early.

This Friday, I celebrated with my best friend, Dee. Her real name is Melody, her birthday is 3 days before mine and we have very similar names. Hee hee, aren't we cute!? lmao Friday, was her celebration, but of course I got a few birthday drinks b/c people heard mine was near.

ROUND 1 - the FOUNDATION at SOM
Do you read my blog? So then you know who my favorite DJ is right? hahahaha! Miguel (DJ Mr.E), Apollo and Jon (DJ Shortkut) were the line up for the evening. I'm soooo lucky to know these guys. They definitely made my 28th start RIGHT! My feet were hurting in my 5" heels, but I just had to get up and dance...the music was too good to just sit around. I didn't even really dance with anyone in particular. I was surrounded by everyone so while they were there dancing with their significant others or friends or whoever...I just enjoyed the moment dancing in the middle of all of them. And double fisting for I'd say 90% of the night! lmao! Needless to say I had a good time. Of course, my family came out to celebrate, I can always count on them for a good time, like they can count on me to pick a spot with good ass music. lol Again, THANK YOU JON AND MIGUEL! Friends new and old came out of the woodwork and I definitely felt the birthday love!

ROUND 2 - Superbowl Sunday at the heez
The family and a few friends came over to enjoy the game. I wasn't really interested in who was winning, I just wanted my damn squares to hit! I won the 3rd quarter, soooo yeay me! That money is going to Japan. lol

I had 3 requests for my Superbowl birthday. 1) If I had to have noodles (you know the long life superstition), I wanted palabok. Thank you Auntie Pining for my delicious palabok. 2) Uncle Onofre's bomb ass crab! I have no idea what he puts in it, but it is HELLA GOOD! I had to leave the kitchen or else I would've eaten it all. I don't care how messy it is. 3) Salt n pepper spare ribs from Paradise. If you don't know about these...you better go get some now!

Got all my requests and it was HELLA GOOD!

ROUND 3 - Warriors v. Mavericks
Hee hee! Saturday night, Mark (an old friend) asked, so what are you doing for your real birthday. I said, I'm going to the Warriors game. His response: You are ALWAYS there! Hahaha! I have been to my share of games this season, and I sho will be there tonight!! Dee, got me tickets for my birthday! Sec 122 Row 4. Look for me and my sign. "8 is GREAT!" the other side will say "MONTA it's my bday!"

28 is looking up for me. Let's hope I can ride this high for the rest of the year!

No comments: