Tuesday, April 20, 2010

DAY 7 - Wednesday: Kit-Kats

Wednesday it rained again! As I waited for Auntie Christine to get off work, I read some, ate some, watched some tv and napped on the couch. Yesss...vacation at its best. =)

When she got home we went out and about town, I think we were still in Yokosuka but we could've been just outside. We went to the Japanese version of Sports Authority and across the street there was a grocery store called Livin. We decided on a whim to check there for the kit-kats once again. WOO HOO! SCORREEEE!!! We found 5 different types. Creme brulee, raspberry & passion fruit, framboise (raspberry pastry), banana, anddddd green tea & sakura. We cleared the shelves of everything they had. hee hee! Mission accomplished.

DAY 8 - Thursday: Asakusa

Thursday, Auntie Christine took the day off and we ventured over to Asakusa for another shrine. As the others this one was huge and beautiful. Unfortunately, this one is under construction, so I wasn't able to get a full view from the outside. But, inside, I was able to see a monk in prayer. What a humble and sadating experience. And the ceilings had huge colorful but dim paintings.

We shopped around there for awhile and then made it back to Yokosuka for a dinner of yummy Ramen. Authentic Japanese food is THE BEST!!!

DAY 9: Friday: Bye-Bye

Auntie Christine made me my last breakfast in Japan. Yummy, as always. We chatted and waited for the driver to get me. I was sooo sad to go, but I'm sooo happy for the experience. I definitely have to go back next year. Next year, I'm shooting for October. I would love to see the pretty colors of the trees in Autumn.

No comments: