Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm here, I'm really here!

My flight to Japan was early afternoon on Tuesday, and my cousin Murielle and her friends were going to the Philippines, so my uncle picked me up and off we went to the airport at 10am. Being that Japan is their connecting flight, we all were on the same flight. He helped us check in making sure we got on the flight and our seating arrangements early. WOO HOO for having an uncle that works for an airlines. My flight to Japan was a SUPER DUPER deal, and I flew business class! As Deb put it, "I'm the luckiest geisha in the world, keepin it kamameshi" lmao!!!

Unfortunately, one of Murielle's friends had a problem with his passport and couldn't make it on the flight with us. So, off the rest of us go to the gate... We had some time and I was STARVING, so I got a pizza from Firewood...pretty good.

Finally we board. Here is my pictorial of our flight...

this is what was waiting for me at my seat
mimosas before the flight
our menus
personal tv and vodka crans..yeay!
appetizers
i thought the butter was cute
dinner
breakfast


So we land, and Murielle and her friend and I go our separate ways. I go through immigration and then go through customs. Per my aunt's directions, there would be a guy waiting there to pick me up, with a sign with my name on it. HAHAA! And there he was. I should've taken a picture of this.

The ride out to the Yokosuka Naval base is about 2.5 hours away, so I drifted in and out of sleep. My aunt met us at the front of the base and got me checked in. After I unpacked a little and Uncle DeWayne got home from basketball practice, we all went to dinner. Sooo yummy, no it wasn't Japanese food it was Korean, but I did have the best udon I've ever had in my life. And so that started my trip. It was cold last night and drizzling from time to time, but the weather is supposed to warm up. The weather out here is as bipolar as the city!

I woke up about 1pm our time, 5am here! I'm gonna need to adjust to the time change, but it is pretty sunny outside, so maybe I'll go for a little run today.

1 comment:

J Lopez said...

tell auntie christine and uncle dwayne i said WASSUPPP! have fun and bring me lots of goodies.