Saturday, April 2, 2011

Another Successful Date w/the Lake

The sun decided to grace us with its presence this past week and I've been fairly consistent with "Operation Melanie," so after a fairly lazy morning, I decided to get up and go for a run.

The weather at the lake was fairly warm, warmer in some parts, and a strong headwind in others.

All in all I had a pretty good run. In all honesty, whenever I hit the lake after not being there in so long, I get nervous that I won't be able to attack it well. But, my stride felt good, I pushed through the tough parts, and even picked it up through the second half and sprinted through the last stretch. I finished at 51min 11 sec, averaging 11.37 min/mile. Pretty good for not being there in awhile and I have to say my average is much faster now. I can say I officially broke my average of 12min/mile. WOO HOO!

Runners, I have a question for you: On a fairly warm day, would you rather there be no breeze at all or a couple of strong headwinds through the last half of the course?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: