Tuesday, June 28, 2011

easy/summer make up tutorial

i just finished editing a new video. this is my basic make-up look, i wear this look as my everyday make up look. i'm actually wearing this look in almost every video that i've made so far. i use it with all types of lip colors: reds, pinks, nudes, gloss and even just chapstick.

here are the 2 brush sets that i referenced in the videos:
this is a nordstrom brush set that was offered last christmas, it only cost $25. i used the contour brush in this set for the bronzer and the brush directly to the right of it for the highlight underneath my eyebrows.


this is my crown brush set that i refer to as my "kandee johnson crown brush set." last christmas, crown brushes provided kandee's fans with a deal for this set, all for only $29.99. (Click here for her post about the brushes.) i used the 3rd brush from the left for my blush and the fan brush in this set for the loose shimmer.

here are the products that i used:
Too Faced Naked Eye $35


Nars Multiple in Malibu $39

Nars Blush in Amour $27



these are the 2 eyeliners that i used, the pencil in black is $5, the liquid in navy black is $10

you definitely don't have to use the exact makeup that i used. these are just the ones that i'm currently using. i've actually done the dual blush trick (in my crease and for my blush) with all the blush pigments that i have. and remember you don't need to use the paint pot, especially if you have a long lasting primer. as for the eyeshadow over my pencil liner in the waterline, i use whichever shadow that i have that's closest to the liquid color that i used. so if i use a plum liquid liner, i'll use a plum shadow. and of course you don't have to use the mulitple if you don't have it.

hope you enjoy the video:


No comments: