Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Very First Birchbox - July 2011

So I finally received my very first Birchbox. I'd been seeing ads for this in magazines and always wondered about it. I thought the concept was pretty cool and I visited the site many times before I finally bit the bullet and just opted in.

Basically, every month Birchbox sends you about 4 -5 samples of beauty products for you to try. The website has information on the products and even videos on how to use it. And, if you like a product you received, you can buy it straight from the site. You also get points for every purchase you make on the site, and every 100 points gets you $10.

Apparently, this is the very first month that Birchbox collaborated with someone to have their favorites put in the box, so this month was a special edition. They collaborated with Cynthia Rowley.


Here is a list of items in my box. (sorry the picture quality sucks)


And, here's what I got:

I've already tried a couple of items in the box b/c I really excited, ANNDDD I wanted to write this blog. I was thinking of doing a youtube video too, but I decided not to. (If you want a video about it, let me know.)

Love the Zoya color, but, as you know I'm obsessed with shellac manicures b/c they last soooo long, so I don't know what I'm going to do with this. Perhaps, make a prize pack and hold a contest or keep the pack for one of my fundraisers. Maybe even one of my nail polish obsessed cousins will ask for it and I MIGHT be nice and give it up.

I have yet to use the Redken Shine Flash. I'm actually really excited to use this. Per the site, it makes your hair look shiny and gets rid of flyaways too. I plan on using this the next time I curl my hair, so I'll keep you posted.

I haven't eaten the Kind bar yet, but I did see a Kind bar in an article listing the 50 best snack foods. (Click here to read the article.)

The Ahava hand cream was the first thing I tried. It did feel a little thicker but absorbed and spread over the skin quite nicely. It left almost a powdery feel. There was a little hint of a smell, I don't know how to describe it, but it was nice smell.

I also tried the Philosophy face wash last night. It claims to be a one step facial. I have to say it did leave my face feeling soft and nice. But I feel like there needs to be a second step, like a moisturizer to go along with it.

That's all for now. I'll be sure to keep you posted with my results for the Redken product.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: