Monday, October 3, 2011

Rock 'n Roll San Jose 2011

Yesterday I ran the Rock 'n Roll San Jose Half Marathon. It was my first time on that course and I was a bit nervous. I hadn't had a chance to get many workouts in let alone runs. My last real run was the Giants half at the end of August and my next run after that was the Susan G Komen 5k last Sunday, not really a run that I could call training.

But I ran anyway. I knew I would be able to do it, but I also knew I wasn't going to make a new PR (personal record, aka PB personal best).

The run was pretty flat expect for 2 mild hills. I stopped a lot more often than I normally do, perhaps b/c it was pretty warm. I can say they definitely needed more Cytomax on the course and I will be telling them that when they send me the survey.

Regardless, I got another medal to add to the collection and I'm proud I was able to push through.

Here's my official time:

Here are some pictures from our day.

timing chips
starting line
the roomies are done!
some running divas


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: