Sunday, October 16, 2011

SF Nike Women's Marathon 2011 (half) Race Report

this morning i ran the nike women's marathon again, the half not the full. haha, i'm beginning to make a habit of running these without any training. my last run was the san jose half marathon two weeks ago. i was a bit nervous knowing how many hills this run has and not having done any training, but i challenged myself to push through.

and to my surprise, i actually felt like it did really well. well, i know i won't be making any records, but i did feel like i ran pretty strong with all the hills and no training. my runmeter app clocked me in at about 2:53, which definitely beats my run from hell last year when i had just got my wisdom teeth pulled, lmao! that run was PAINFUL!

this year, being my third time on the course, i felt like i knew the course fairly well. i knew when to expect the hills and what was going to be at the aid stations. i only made a complete stop once to refuel in between mile 6 and 7. and i definitely was looking forward to the oranges after mile 8. i slowed down a bit but didn't stop 3 times to indulge in the juicy goodness that is sooooo refreshing at that point. and i slowed down again around mile 11 (i think) to grab a sip of water. sometimes the gatorade or whatever it is the race is offering is just too sweet and needs to be watered down. after that i just tried as best as i could to keep my running up and finish strong. i know my pace slowed down at times more often than normal, but i only stopped once and i battled through every hill, and didn't walk once on the course.

i'm curious to know what my official time will be, even though it's not under my name. but what ever it is, i finished and got my necklace!

and here's my collection SF NWM 2009, 2010, 2011

No comments: