Wednesday, April 15, 2009

my mini workout today

today was my longest run since lavaman...hee hee. it was only a total of 3.5 miles.

but, i am not training for my next event. my first BAY 2 BREAKERS! even though this is a small event, i'm really excited. B2B is a san francisco tradition and i wanted to finally be a part of it. especially, before they try to crack down and make it a boring event.

anyway, i got a training schedule for a 10k event of the internet and figured i would tweak it a bit for B2B, since that is a 12k event.

today, the schedule called for a 3 mile run. so i went to my favorite local track and started out with a warm up lap. i usually start walking and build up to a jog on my warm up lap, but it was sooo cold that i wanted to warm up faster. instead, i just started jogging. i ran my 3 miles, pushing myself even harder towards the end, and finished off by walking one last lap to cool down.

i averaged about 12 minutes per mile, which is what i normally do...well on a good day. =)

i won't be doing a run tomorrow b/c i'll be meeting up with friends. but i hope to run lake merced this weekend.

No comments: