Monday, November 30, 2009

gobble gobble

woo hoo! thanksgiving! had a great 4 day weekend. my weekend started off early, as we were let go at 1pm. WOO HOO! that hardly every happens, so me and everyone else in my office were set to go at 1pm. you could hear all the computers turn off at the same time. lol!

i actually started my thanksgiving celebration early. my sister and i went vessel and had a blast. read the blog below for minor details.

wednesday night was cousin night. jessica, janice and i went to watch blindside. such a good movie! if you haven't seen it, go watch it! i'll watch it again if you want a date.

thursday, brunch was at my dad's side in hayward and dinner was at my mom's side in so city. then mae, janice and i went to cream of beat! as always...my heaven...good music and good vibes. i love being totally immersed into a set. i love being taken away by the lyrics, the beat, the rhythm...dancing with i don't care who...on my own little cloud floating above everything. ahhhh...if i could take miguel (mr e) and jon (shortkut) and put them in my pocket. i would take them out whenever things are tough, when i need inspiration, or when i'm just not having it...if only... i would never have a frown on my face.

then friday...jason's celebration. "fun sized" good times. lol inside joke, you totally had to be there.

saturday...i unexpectedly ended up at the warriors v lakers game. even though we lost, i had a really good time! 2 half patron margaritas will do that to you! lol

and sunday! to try to even out everything i ate i ran 8 miles. i was pretty nervous seeing that i haven't been running as much as i used to with it being so damn dark out. but i did so much better than i thought i would. and although i am nervous for the vegas marathon next sunday...the eight mile run did calm my nerves...just a little.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

things i'm thankful for ... each and every moment/thought that brings a smile to my face.

1 comment:

Professor Mitchell Zuckoff said...

Hello:

My name is Mitchell Zuckoff and I'm a professor at Boston University. I'm trying to track down family members of Natividad (Nattie) Basconcillo, and I made the connection to you through a roundabout way (your blog mentioned Ulysses Basconcillo). I sent an email earlier this evening to Carolyn Basconcillo, through her listing on Classmates.com, but I thought I'd try to contact the family this way, too. I'm sorry if this is an intrusion.

I'm working on a book about a World War II rescue mission in New Guinea that included heroic actions by Benjamin Bulatao. If I have this correct (I'd be happy to explain how I made these links), I believe that before Mr. Bulatao died, he was married for many years to a woman named Natividad (or Nattie) Basconcillo. I believe she might have been the aunt of Ulysses and Carolyn Basconcillo. Most of these connections come from public records I researched surrounding Mrs. Basconcillo/Bulatao's burial.

My purpose in seeking out family members is to learn any available details about Mr. Bulatao's life after the events I'm writing about, which I'd like to include in the epilogue to the book.

Specifically, I'm writing about Mr. Bulatao's involvement in the rescue of three survivors of a plane crash. In May 1945, when he was an Army medic with the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion, Mr. Bulatao and another medic, Camilo Ramirez, parachuted into the jungle of New Guinea to provide medical aid to these survivors. They ended up spending the next two months together, much of the time living in a large valley with a tribe of people known as the Dani, whose lives remained unchanged from those of their Stone Age ancestors (they had yet to develop written language, or the wheel, or woven textiles, etc.).

I'm the author of four previous books, and I'm an easy person to check out if you want to verify this. My work email is zuckoff@bu.edu, and my office phone number at Boston University is 617-353-5968.

Thank you in advance for considering this request. And again, I'm sorry to bother you.

Regards,
Mitchell Zuckoff

------------------
Mitchell Zuckoff
Professor of Journalism
Boston University
College of Communication
640 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02210
(617) 353-5968 (office)
(617) 943-8935 (cell)