Thursday, November 12, 2009

my dates with the lake

so here i go training again. yes, i'm training for the rock n roll marathon in vegas, dec 6.

i ran with my sister this weekend, and although she likes to think of herself as slow...she's a quick one. i was feeling really sluggish last saturday. prolly b/c i'm always drained around this time every month. for some reason no matter how much i want to work out, it's sooooo freaking hard. my legs are heavy, my lungs are closed, it's a big struggle. and 2, i haven't been on my running routine. but as hard as it was, and as slow as i felt, i pushed my way through it. and to my surprise, i actually finished at the time i usually finish 53min.

so last night...i kept telling myself you have to get a 7.5 mile run in. i got home from work, ate a little bit for some calories/energy, changed, and was on my way to the lake. as i got closer to the lake it was getting darker and darker. i didn't really mind b/c i figured everyone runs the lake at this time, so it should be well lit right? WRONG!!!

it wasn't until after i started running that i realized that the lake has NOOOO LIGHTS! as i got further and further around it got darker and darker. there's even a section of the lake that is PITCH BLACK (right before the gun range and apartments). I could hear people coming closer but couldn't see them until they were about 2 feet in front of me. pretty freaky! so, i decided that 1 lap would be enough for the night.

but...all in all...it was a good run. i knew i wasn't going to be able to get the extra 3 miles in, so in the last half i pushed myself extra hard. and maybe i pushed myself b/c i was lightweight afraid of what might jump out of the bushes and just wanted to be done lol! either way i shaved 3 minutes off my time and ended in 50 mins.

i hope to break the 50 min marker before the vegas marathon.

No comments: