Tuesday, October 19, 2010

San Francisco Nike Women's Marathon 2010

10.17.10

Last Sunday, I ran the Nike Women's Marathon again. This was my second time. Although when signing up I had all the dreams and aspirations in the world to beat my time, I knew that wasn't going to happen.

Having my wisdom teeth taken out 2 weeks before definitely did NOT work in my favor. That meant 2 weeks of no training at all...no cardio...NOTHING.

So, with no training and my gums not being 100% healed, I knew this run was going to be tough and I knew that beating my time was just not going to happen. But, I was still excited and wanted to do this run.

And since everyone keeps asking me about the race, here's a miniature race report for you:

My time was slow coming into the 5k (3.5 mile) marker, but that's always expected, being that it's always crowded at the beginning of any race. By about mile 6.5, I was catching up to what my normal time would be, butttt running up the first significant hill, my gums started throbbing. At about mile 7.5 I was making good time, still at about my normal running pace, but my gums were screaming now. I thought of taking some Advil, but decided not to. I should've just taken it. At about 8.5, my legs were starting to talk to me, but I figured I would just push through like I always do, but this was also about the time that my stomach started to get mad at me. At about 9.5, I had to slow it down, my gums, hips, calves, and stomach were screaming at me at the same time now. And then what do you know...it starts raining.

I walked much more than I wanted to. But, I pushed through everything and finished. Not very happy about my time. I'm even embarrassed to post it. I had the worst run ever, but I never gave up and pushed through and finished. And yes, I sure am rocking my Tiffany's necklace with pride.

Oh yeah...I seen a girl running with a shirt that made me chuckle. It said, "I'm a half marathon kind of girl, I don't go all the way." I got a kick out of it, thought you might too.

my finisher shirt and new necklace



instead of medals, we get this!

No comments: