Sunday, November 21, 2010

today i run...

i haven't been out on a run in a long time. and today was the day that i actually had enough will to get my lazy ass out and hit the pavement. and today was a great day to be out there. it was HOTTT about 2 weeks ago and then like our typical bipolar weather, it was rained. but, today, it was perfect. the sun was out, but there was still a cool breeze in the air. perfect running weather for me. and, btw, it rained last night...i love running after a fresh rain. the air just seems so much cleaner after it rains.

i decided to run what i thought was called the "crystal springs trail" and thought i was going out for a easy 3 mile run. i have never run this trail and was told that it was a 1.5 mile trail, 3 miles out and back. as i was running, i thought to myself, "when am i going to hit the turn around, this seems kindda long?" but, i never really like to look at my clock as i run. i just like to see the time when i finish. so, i just kept one going.

as i coming up on my last couple of steps to the trail, i watched my phone's stopwatch come to 54:18. all i could think was this trail HAS to be longer than 3 miles, i wasn't running that slow. even at 15 minute miles i would be done in 45 mins. so i took a look at the sign that was posted and realized that i just ran a trail called "san andreas" that's actually 2.6 miles, 5.2 miles out and back. i did the math and i avergaed about 10:38 minute/mile!

after not having run since the nike marathon and having one of the worst runs that day, i was quite pleased with myself. and i have to say i was and still am impressed with my time.

while on my run, i got to take in some scenery that i didn't even notice on the way out to the turn around point and that i would have never seen without taking this trail. it was so still, so beautiful, so serene. it's runs like these where i can take in the my surroundings and clear my mind that make me glad that i willed myself out to the trail. and like i always tell myself, the hardest part is showing up. today...i am ever so glad that i showed up.

No comments: