Friday, February 18, 2011

Brrrr...It's Cold in Here

i just came back from my new york bday trip (yes i will blog about that trip later), and you would think that with snow on the floor it would be colder than home. buttt...i the weather back east was so much nicer than what i came home to. this was my outfit yesterday b/c it was so damn cold. and b/c i got to wear some of my favorite winter gear and my old/new necklace that is one of my favorite buys from my trip i decided to blog about it.

i bought the jacket a couple of years ago, in new york actually, at the triple 5 soul store in soho. the store was having a gigantic sale at the time. i believe that i got this jacket for like 60% off. i don't remember the exact cost, but i always pull this jacket out on a really cold day. andddd it has backpack straps. if you don't know what that is, i have a picture below and i'll explain it more.

the sweater, i bought from forever 21. if you look through my clothes or even my pictures, you might notice that i have a thing for off-the-shoulder items. i don't think this sweater was even meant to be off-the-shoulder, but like many shirts and sweaters i have, i make them that way.

the jeans are skinny jeans by jolt. i bought them from nordy's. they run about $35ish. and i had a bonus gift certificate for $20 so i only paid the difference.

the rain boots are houndstooth...MY FAVORITE pattern in the world. and they are from TARGET! i told you, "don't sleep on target!" i think they were like $20. i'm actually gonna buy myself another pair.

if you can see the ring on my finger, yes that is a hello kitty ring. my cousin, mae, bought it for me as a bday gift. everyone knows how obsessed i am with hello kitty. and attention ladies and gents: i did NOT just get back on this trend, i never fell off. don't believe me? ask anyone that knows me. i never stopped buying their pens, stationary, clips, jewelry...everything. you can even ask my roommates from college.

THE NECKLACE!!! i mentioned that this necklace was one of my favorite purchases in new york this past weekend. i bought it at the brooklyn flea. we ventured out there to check it out and we found some amazing pieces. this was one of them. it has an old school feel to it, but not too bulky like a boy's necklace and it's the perfect length. i can wear it long like this or even double it up for a layered look.




close up of the necklace:


BACKPACK STRAPS!!!

so here are the backpack straps. when i first asked the guy in the store what the straps were, he nonchalantly stated, "backpack straps." i looked at him with a puzzled grin and was like "say whaa..." basically, if you ever get hot and want to take the jacket off but don't want to hold the bulking thing, you use the backpack straps. all together now: "ooohhhhhhh!!!" pretty damn nifty huh!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: