Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Boot Camp Day 5

Boot camp was great as expected...thank lord! For some reason I was really tired today, and I'm glad I had boot camp to give me that extra push. Otherwise, the laziness in me might have talked me into skipping today. Instead, I reminded myself that it was my second to last day of boot camp and I freaking paid for this. Trust me I have no money to spare, so wasting it is a big "NO NO!"

I noticed today that we've done liners almost at every session. And all I could think to myself was, I'm not on a basketball team WTH! I guess it's a good workout, since I was cursing at myself. (lol...That was a reference to my blog "It's Only a Workout if...")

And I also noticed that my energy is coming back. Even though I was really tired today, after my workout, I felt like I could do more. I was pushing myself even harder and doing more reps than normal. I was even doing more pushups, which is a big accomplishment for me b/c my upper strength SUCKS! Woo hoo for progress!

It's not unnatural for me to stay behind after my workouts to get more stretching done...I actually do it every time. It's important to stretch before AND after, and I make sure to get a really good stretch in. Not to mention it feels sooo good. But, after boot camp I've found myself doing some "nostalgic" (well for me) stretches and exercises. It may be that we are on the basketball court that brings the feelings back or the thought that I was at my most fit as a cheerleader. But, I've been doing some stretches and exercises that we did at every single cheer practice. I have both surprised myself and made myself feel old. I tried a toe touch today and it was the ugliest thing ever!!! (hahaha DON'T JUDGE!). But I can say my kicks are still beautiful! Wanna see?!

I'm ending boot camp in two days and I'm a little scared. Again, I don't know the teachers that have taken over my favorite classes and I'm not too sure I'll get the workout I want. I guess I'm gonna have to work on giving myself that extra push and doing more on my own. I guess if you want it done right, do it yourself, right?! Wish me luck!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: