Monday, March 14, 2011

Operation Melanie Comence!

Since my little trip out to New York and the passing of my grandpa, I took a little hiatus from the gym.

Today Operation Melanie commenced! Haha! I signed up for another session of boot camp to jump start my body and try to get back to where I was before.

We had a new instructor today named, Moon. And, she definitely gave me a run for my money. She worked us HARD, especially for an introductory class. There were only two of us, me and this guy Jose, that are gym regulars. You can tell the rest of the girls were not familiar with the gym or expected to work out that hard.

During the session, the girls were taking a half ass approach for all the exercises and rarely finished a whole exercise set.

I, determined to finish every set (and dripping with sweat), was often left at the other end of the gym finishing up my burpies or wall climbs or what ever exercise. I could see them not even attempting the exercises or even finishing to the other end before walking back.

Jose, jokingly said, "What are you trying to prove, let's just go back with the others?". We both chuckled b/c we were the only ones finishing everything. I responded, "I am NOT cheating myself!"

And honestly, why pay for boot camp if you're not even going to try. I understand that these exercises may be new and yes they are extremely difficult. But there is no progress without pain. And you are only cheating yourself by not fully trying. I'm not going to progress by not pushing myself beyond what I think I can do each and every time. And how do you know what you can do without pushing your own boundries?

And although I did feel the effects of not working out for a month, I'm so proud of myself for how I did. I took more breaks than normal but I pushed through every exercise and hustled my way til the end. Yeay me!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: