Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why hello there water..how I've missed you.

Today I finally got a chance to get in the water and swim again. And oh how I've missed it. I've ALWAYS been a fan of swimming. I can remember being on vacation and being in pool any time we were at the hotel. I would make my dad even take me every night until the pool would close. So it was no surprise that swimming is my favorite part of triathlons.

Today I got to zone out and meditate while swam. I love just listening to the water, the sounds of the bubbles made by my breathing, my strokes, and my flutter kicks. I do somewhat get into this zone as I run, but swimming totally gets me there. When I swim, it's just me, the water and the black line on the floor. It's where my mind is completely free of any thoughts and at ease.

And because I haven't swam in forever, my arms are going to be pleasantly SORE tomorrow. It definitely got me breathing hard and it was a bit of a task to build up to doing a measly 100 yards non-stop, but I did it! And maybe next week, I'll be doing 200 easily again.

And we all know how easily I tan, here's what I looked like after an hour of swimming in the shade. Hahahahaha




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: