Thursday, March 22, 2012

yes, i'm still juicing

to everyone that's asked, yes, i'm still juicing. i just haven't really posted anything about juicing b/c i haven't really tried anything new.

here's what i always use as my base:

at least 3 carrots
a cup of spinach
2 celery
apple - amounts vary
orange - amounts vary

and then from there i put what ever i see in my house.

strawberries
pineapple
cucumber
kale
blackberries
blueberries
mango
ginger

anything really...

i seen a post recently from one of my friends saying she didn't like the juice she made. a friend of her's told her to take the celery out and add an apple. but really apples cancel out or even out the celery taste so just adding an apple or two would have helped. you can always disguise the taste you don't like, so you still get the nutrients.

my parents didn't like the celery taste either. so for them as a general rule, i'll use 2 celery sticks and 3 small apples or 2 big apples. they would never know. or even if they did, it tastes great so no more complaints.

one thing that i did try and DID NOT like was beats. but, i would try it again to see i can find the right ratio for that. i think i was a little to excited and used the whole beat and the leaves. YUCK!!! literally tasted like dirt.

have any suggestions for me to try? please pass them along... and let me know how you like my recipes...

No comments: