Monday, May 21, 2012

bay 2 breakers 2012

yesterday was my first event of the year, Bay 2 Breakers 2012.  i was a little apprehensive seeing that i haven't been able to run much this year.  or have just been to lazy to get out there on the weekends.  we'll say it's a little of both.

i was determined to get at least one run in before the race.  that way i wouldn't be too nervous and i would know where my running stride is currently and blah blah blah.  so, i go a run in a week before the race, saturday, may 12th to be exact.  and i actually surprised myself.  my time of course wasn't the best, but being that my last run was on january 15 i didn't do too shabby.  i was able to make it around the lake (4.5 miles) in 51:44, pretty much around my average.

so, i was feeling pretty good about myself the day of the race.  still a little nervous, but i always am before a race.  the weather was gorgeous.  the sun decided to come out and play, but it definitely wasn't too hot.  i ran the whole race at a pretty good pace.  i stopped at the water stop around mile 5 and ran the rest of the way out.  i could definitely feel the effects of not training before the race b/c around mile 6 i was slowing down.  but i powered through and finished strong.

my official time last year was 1:24:55.  see what you can do when you train.  lol  i still can't believe i did that well last year.  but this year i wasn't too far behind.


No comments: