Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Halloween 2013

Well this post is about a couple of weeks late, but I haven't been posting much and I am still quite pleased with my make shift Minnie Mouse costume, so better late than never right? Right!

Well, my cousin Jessica dragged me out, but honestly she didn't have to twist my arm too much. I hadn't been out in a really really really long time and some of my favorite dj's were spinning so why not go out and support the folks right? So, I thought about what I could do. I had these clip on Minnie Mouse ears that haven't been put to much use, so I decided to be Minnie Mouse.

So, I had to look of course for a red shirt. And the tank I'm wearing is honestly, the only red top that I have that isn't a 49ers top. And so I threw on some black shorts.

I wanted to make sure that I didn't forget the collar. In Kindergarten, I was Minnie Mouse for Halloween, my dad and I answered the door for some trick or treaters and a big kid was also Minnie Mouse, but as soon as she saw me, she realized she had forgotten her collar. I don't know why that memory resonates with me so clearly, but it does and b/c of it I wanted to be sure that I didn't forget mine. So, I went ahead with my pearl collar necklace.

I added the suspenders b/c honestly I just think they are a sexy accessory and it fit. The gloves were a last minute after thought. Minnie and Mickey are known for their white gloves, and just before Jessica and I were headed out, something clicked and I remembered that I had a pair of white lace gloves.

The makeup was quite simple. I did blush, bronzer, highlight and my eyebrows. The only thing I did that was quite different is that I extended the black eyeliner out to have 3 wings. Minnie Mouse is known for her 3 eyelashes. And of course I drew on the nose. I didn't draw any whiskers b/c Minnie doesn't have any.

Oh and the shoes. Can't forget about the shoes. You can only see a glimpse of the shoes in the first picture, but Minnie is known for her yellow shoes. So, I brought out my yellow dunks! Here are the few photos that I have from that night.











No comments: