Sunday, February 3, 2008

it hurts so good!

the course, 13.1 miles

me, before the pain

me with the pain (i also lost my headband)

my medal

today i participated in my very first marathon. it was the kaiser permanente half marathon, 13.1 miles. JESS AND REGGIE thank you so much for the ride. and jess thank you for running with me the first couple of miles...sorry i couldn't keep up =P.

the first couple of miles i was averaging at 12 minutes each time. i started hurting more after mile 9. and as i was approaching mile 10 it started pouring so hard it was hard to see. the last 3 miles were the hardest. but all the cheering and encouragement..."go iron girl," "go team," and seeing my coaches and them cheering me on definitely helped me keep going towards the end. i ultimately finished in 2 hours and 51 minutes. i know, i'm slow =). but, i did get a medal for being one of the first 6,000.

right now i'm in bed typing this and my legs are killing me, but it hurts so good! and at least now i know i can finish a half marathon and i'm on my way to being iron.

1 comment:

Phil said...

I remember seeing your Ironteam jersey at the race! Great job! GO TEAM!