Monday, January 28, 2008

my very first triathlon



i had to end saturday night a little earlier than i wanted to, but as i told all of you i had a race to prepare for the next morning. my sunday morning started at about 630am. i woke up, got ready, made sure all my stuff was ready to go. woke phil up on the couch b/c his night was much longer than mine...janice, he blames it on you...lol! we got the car packed and we were off to treasure island for my very first triathlon.

we got there and i signed in. coach elaine got my transition area ready for me and shortly after i had to put my wetsuit on to get ready to start. we had to swim 1 mile in the water (yes the ocean and yes it was COLD), 4 laps in the area they had set for us. i only did 3, but a lot of people only did 3 and some had to get carried in by the kayaks. the we did 25 miles on the bike, 6 laps on the course they had for us, then off to running 6 miles. i finished in 4 hours and 37 minutes. i don't know how good that is, but i know i didn't finish very last and i'm sooo happy i actually did my very first triathlon.

phil, thanks for standing there in the cold rain, waiting for me to finish and thanks for taking pictures.

this triathlon is actually in honor of one of Team in Trainings finest Louie Bonpua. Watch the video below:

1 comment:

Arlynn said...

I gotta give it up to you girl! Your doin it! I'm soo proud of you, your not just doing this for yourself, your raising money for a good cause. There is only 1% of the world that can complete a full marathon, even half for an Iron Man. Your one step closer to that great accomplishment. It's so inspiring.