Monday, January 12, 2009

an eventful saturday

Saturday, January 10th was as eventful as they come. My first event of the day was, of course, training. I drove to Walnut Creek and did a 90 minute bike ride. The day was nice and sunny, so the ride was very pleasant. This has been the longest ride I've gone on since Ironman, and like every ride on my bike, I was nervous at first. Once we got going, I was able to find my grove and was pleased with the ride.

Next it was off to Uncle Uly and Auntie Carol's for their celebration of life. Uncle Uly will be going through bone marrow treatment soon and we all gathered to celebrate his on-going recovery. In his words, all he is doing is getting a little oil change, and changing a few spark plugs and he will be as good as new. Uncle Uly, I am sending you all the best wishes during your recovery. Keep up your high spirits, it will take you far along your journey.

My next event of the day, was Cj's 16th birthday party. I was able to play a couple of games of Catch Phrase, and see how Pictionary Man is played. It's always a good time with great company. Unfortunately, I had to cut that short and move on to my biggest and final event.

Last but definitely not least was my bowling fundraiser. Like all my other bowling fundraisers, I held this at Classic Bowl in Daly City. I had a GREAT turnout. Every lane that I reserved was in use, and I even had to add on a total of 4 more lanes by the end of the night. Thank you Auntie Carol and Uncle Uly for bringing your party and my fundraiser together. And, to KeithO and all my guests, thank you for your support, generosity and your kindness. You all have contributed to such a great cause. I hope all the winners of the raffle enjoy your wonderful prizes.

With all of your help, I was able to raise a little over $850 and we still have to collect from the bar tab. THANK YOU ALL!

1 comment:

niK said...

OMG... I totally spaced out this weekend. I'm a horrible friend! I'll make it up to you. Next fundraiser, I'll bring Ehren so we can help you raise twice the amount! =)