Wednesday, June 6, 2012

new personal best

i ran the lake last night.  and i had to force myself.  i was feeling a bit lazy after work, so i knew as soon as i walked into my house i had to change into my workout clothes.  that way i wouldn't get the urge to just be lazy.

i took in a little snack, got my drink ready and stretched out a little bit.  then it was off to the lake.  but i was still feeling a bit sluggish.  i even took a quick 8 minute nap.  lol.  and then i willed myself out of the car,  did a couple more stretches and took off on a light jog.  i told myself to just take it lightly around the lake, it doesn't matter what time you get as long as you run and get the workout in.  well, i also was a bit irritated b/c i accidentally pressed the stop button at 5 seconds.  so i had to stop and start it again, but i didn't know how to reset it.  oh well.

it doesn't matter any how.  when i got closer to the end of my run, i pulled my phone out and realized i was actually making good time (for me...i'm slow).  and what do you know, i actually made new personal best.  i probably did better than what the clock shows b/c of my 5 second mishap, but who cares, I'LL TAKE IT!






No comments: