Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3 years and counting

someone asked me last night how many marathons/triathlons have i done. and to be honest with you, i haven't really kept track. i guess i could've counted my medals, but not all events give medals out. so if it weren't for my blog i wouldn't even know.

here are all the things i've done starting in 2008:

Louie Bonpua Tri - olympic distance
Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon
IronMan Louisville
Louie Bonpua Tri - sprint distance
Lavaman Tri - olympic distance
Bridge 2 Bridge 12k
Nike Women's Marathon 2009 - half
Rock n Roll Vegas - half
San Francisco Marathon - half
Susan G Komen 12k
Nike Women's Marathon 2010 - half
Bay 2 Breakers 12k

i can't believe it's already been 3 years since i've started on this crazy journey. if you would've asked me in high school or even college if i'd ever do any kind of events like this, i'd think you were crazy for asking me such a absurd question. but "look at me now...look at me now!" i can't imagine not doing at least 2 or 3 a year. i'm just lucky enough to have friends that are equally excited to see what the free tshirt is going to look like, and more excited to rock the medal (or tiffany's necklace) and take pictures with it when really all we really want to do is eat, shower and sleep.

to all my TNT teammates, Running Divas, and the boys who've joined us along the way...THANK YOU!!!

No comments: