Thursday, May 26, 2011

more tanlines with barely any sun

woww i really worked myself out this week. on tuesday, i popped in the p90x plyometrics dvd and worked out at home. i was feeling sore on wednesday, but was determined to get some weight training in and worked on my bi, tris and some abs. today, i was definitely feeling the effects of both workouts with aches (good aches) in my quads, butt, bis, tris and abs...but i still wanted to get a workout in. my answer to a good workout, even with achy muscles, is a good swim. swimming is the only exercise that works out every muscle in your body. and although still putting work on your muscles, it allows for your muscles to relax a little. well it does for me at least.

my swim today was exhilarating. in my last swim workout, although good, it was a bit hard for me to even get a 100 done. i thought today would be that same, being that, even that swim workout was soooo long ago. i surprised myself. after a couple of 50s and maybe a 100 or two, i got into my groove and today was the the first time in so long that i felt like i could keep swimming forever. i wish i would've counted my laps or even looked at the time to see when i actually started, but i didn't. and the important thing is that i got out there and got a good workout in.

i slept with the salonpas patches i talked about in my b2b video last night and i will be sleeping with some on tonight. i'm know i'm going to be an achy mess tomorrow, but that's how you know you've done well. #OperationMelanie

No comments: