Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Philippines July 4 - 7, 2012

Here's more of my pictorial.

This is a statue in my dad's province.  Agoo, La Union

This is the where we went zipling.  They have a whole bunch of activities you can do, horse back riding, atv'ing, repelling, and I don't know what else.  But, you can also rent an area by the pool and have a bbq there.  You can even rent 1 level huts or even 2 level huts.  It's a really nice place.  If you watch my you tube video, you can see a glimpse of the big pool, while I'm ziplinging. 

Here are the 3 lines to choose from.  Or you can do a package deal.  We did the package with all 3 lines, for just under $20.  Pretty good deal!  The first is the Superman, the second is the fastest line and the third line was the mildest.

This is me getting my harness and safety gear on.  They put a cap on you, before the helmet, I was playing around b/c I felt like a little old lady with the cap on.


Cameron, me, and Colin ready to go!  Auntie Josie wanted to take a picture with us.


For dinner that night, we treated our family in Agoo to Jollibee.  There were so many of us the at we had to ask them to use the Party Zone room.

Had to get me a Peach Mango Pie!
 

The workers didn't even take our order at the register.  When we began to order they were shocked, and simply too the order we wrote down and told us to go upstairs.  They served us as if we were at a sit down dining restaurant, not fast food. 

I tried to get a picture of all of us in the room.

This is another new fruit to me.  It's called cheesa.  It was good.  Yes it did kind of remind you of cheese, but the texture was really powdery.  It tasted good though.


On our way out of the province, we visited the church in Manaoag.  It's a really popular church, but if you are in the area, it's definitely worth visiting, even though it is kind of a task to get in with all the vendors and people peddling outside it's gates.  But, inside, even where you simply say a prayer to light a candle is beautiful.  We didn't line up to see all the statues, I'm sure that's a site to see as well.


This is inside the church. 

We ate at Isdaan (ees-da-ahn).

Some of the statues in front.



Singers come to your table to sing.  If you watch my video you can see this going on.


The restaurant is built on top of the water, so every table gets to look at something like this.


Cameron feeding the fish.



I finally got my fresh coconut water!  Yummm!


Tacsiyapo (toc-sha-po) Wall!  You basically yell something you are mad at and throw the plate at the wall to release anger.

More statues in front of Isdaan.


We passed by the place that is known for their lechon.  But, I don't know if I'd buy it after it was just chillen outside.  And, if you can tell by the picture, it was raining.


We went to a live taping of the popular show, "Eat Bulaga."  You can see more in my video.  The show is going about 30 years strong (well that's what I was told).


Got another massage!  Love this place!


I really do miss eating fresh babingka almost every night.  It's a wonder how I didn't gain any weight while I was there.  And the place where we would get this was actually an oyster bar.  The best babingka I've ever had.


This fruit is called mangosteen.  This fruit became a fad for awhile.  I started seeing a lot of juices having these in them.  The red part is the skin.  It's really thick and hard.  So you have to crack it open to get tothe white part that you eat.  But, white part has seeds in them, so I can't even imagine what a task it is to get the juice out of it.  But, if you get a chance to try these out.  You should.  They have a sweet and tart flavor.  It's really good.  And, supposedly, it's supposed to help prevent cancer.


Has some sugot, at Max's Fried Chicken.  This is basically a syrupy drink with tapioca balls and ice.


This rickshaw was repurposed as a bench.  I thought it was pretty cool.


And of course, I pretended to carry it.


Heyyy!!! Lopez Drive!!!


They were having a live art expo in the Power Plant Mall.  I loved the drawings and watching them at work.

Filipino art on solid wood.  I thought this was cool.  There were other pieces, but this was the only piece I took a picture of.

As we were walking out of the mall I noticed this.  There's a place for the drivers to wait for their people while they shop.


And finally, I find you!!!  They no longer see the Shu Uekmura eye lash curler in the United States, so you better stock up on them when you find them internationally.  But, they are just under $30.  Ahhh...a grip.  I know, but my lashes are looking fabulous!


And, we meet again!  You can't beat a 1 hour full body massage for just around $20.  And they do good job and stretch you afterward. 


Here's some footage:
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: