Tuesday, January 31, 2012

first kale recipe

so like i said last night, i finally got my hands of some kale. woo hoo! i wasn't really sure what to match with it, so i looked online at some recipes. i didn't use any of those though. lol i just grabbed a little of anything available to me in my kitchen.

this is what i ended up with:



handful of spinach
2 kale leaves
2 apples
1/8 pineapple
1/2 cucumber
handful of raspberries
5 strawberries
5 small carrots



i'm just now finally tasting it and i must say i do like it. a friend of mine told me to be careful with the kale, he didn't like it. but i honestly don't see what's wrong with it. maybe it's b/c i've matched it with a whole lot of other things. maybe i'll be a little more venturous and use less fruit. but my parents have bought so much fruit i don't want it to go bad. regardless, i'm able to get in my daily dose of fruits and veggies and it's WONDERFUL!!

No comments: