Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Monday

I didn't start the day off right today, but I definitely ended it the right way. I didn't get to juice last night so I didn't have any juice for my work day. That already put me in an off mood. And I didn't eat too well while at work either. Uh-oh!

But, I made sure that I got my workout in and I was determined to make sure I worked out hard. The second part was easy b/c what I was expected to do was hard in itself. But, I made sure that I pushed through every movement and finished strong. The feeling you get when YOU surprise yourself is simply AMAZING. I tweeted this today, and I've tweeted it before, but I just have to say it again. "I am truly a believer in muscle memory!"

After my workout I stopped at Pak n Sav. I thought I needed more spinach (I didn't know my parents had already got me some) and cucumbers, annnddd I wanted to try to pick up some kale AGAIN. And I FINALLY found some! I made sure to pick up 2 bunches.

I wasn't sure what I should pair with the kale, so I picked up a little bit of this and that in my fridge. I'll let you know if I liked it tomorrow. I've been warned that kale is not too tasty. I think I should be fine though.

While juicing I was dancing around and humming a made up tune to myself. I don't know if the endorphins were still running through my body or if I was just elated with the fact that I finally got my hands on some kale. Hahaha! The simple things are what make me smile.

And to top that all off, I got a call from one of my closest friends who now lives in Chicago. We had an intense conversation, but the companionship is always refreshing.

I am now decompressing by writing this and catching up on Top Chef b/c the Criminal Minds episode is one I've seen too many times. I hope you all enjoyed your day as much as I did, or made it a positive one like me. GOOD NIGHT!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: