Tuesday, December 16, 2008

great swim tonight

with the weather being so gloomy and now wet, it's been really hard for me to get a swim workout in. i usually swim at the gym at my work, but the pool is outside, and to be honest with you, the way work has been, once i'm done with my day, i just want to get home ASAP!

today, i decided to tag along with phil, les, and spell at 24 hour and finally get a swim in. i haven't swam in awhile, so i was a bit aprehensive. when i first got into the pool, i was set in only doing the beginers swim workout. as i finished the warm up for the beginers set, i realized, the whole swim routine was only for 600 meters and I would be done quite fast. so, i decided to push myself and do the intermediate set. the total set was for 1200 meters. as i finished the main set, i decided i had more in me so i did a couple more laps. i finished with the cool down set, and now i feel great.

i know i'm going to feel this in my arms tomorrow, and especially the day after. being in the pool made me realize how much i miss it. i think i just might have to find a way to get a membership b/c i'm super broke right now! hint hint, christmas is almost here. =P

No comments: