Sunday, December 21, 2008

Training Dedicated to Ulysses Basconcillo

As you should know by now, I am participating in another triathlon called Lavaman. This time not only am I a participant, I am also a mentor. As a mentor, I have a group of people under my wing, and I have the pleasure of guiding them in their triathlon journey and being their liaison whenever needed.

If you don't know anything about Team in Training, we help raise money for all those affected by cancer. Every team has honorees that help help bring a connection to our cause. When I began to think about the season to come, I knew that Uncle Uly would be my personal honoree, and that if training was ever too intense I would use him as my strength. Being a part of the staff this year, I get to work a little behind the scenes. So, took the opportunity of asking Uncle Uly and Auntie Carol if they would like to be a part of our program. I was ecstatic when they agreeed.

Today's training was dedicated to Uncle Uly. As somewhat of a point of contact for Auntie Carol and Uncle Uly, I was able to share some words about him and a little about the treatment he is going through. Everyone at practice shared some kind words with him in cards that will be sent shortly.

Today's training consisted of a swim and bike ride IN THE RAIN. A GIGANTIC THANKS to all of you that were willing to push through the cold rain and train your hearts out today.

Here is a poster board of Uncle Uly for today's practice:

1 comment:

J Lopez said...

good job sister! and god bless uncle uly!