Friday, February 6, 2009

2/5 training

first, let me wish a very Happy Birthday to MELODY!

so, yesterday was a really long work day for me. i stayed over an hour later at work than i had to to finish up some stuff. and then i had to sit in the traffic that i go to work early to avoid. anyhow, i finally got home and sat for awhile before heading to the gym. i almost didn't go b/c i was uber lazy, but i did. thanks for the encouragement phil.

got my swimsuit, gathered my gear and we were on our way to 24. haha...stupid me, i forgot my towel, so i had to buy one there. ok good now time for my swim. the pool has been recently cleaned so there was no overly bad smell of chorline like there usually is. phil made a comment about me swimming now while the pool was clean, but i reminded him that i do swim in the bay where i can't even see my hand floating in front of me...obviously, it doesn't bother me that much.

during my swim last night, i decided to try a drill that our swim coach luanne told me to try. i know my front quadrant swimming (basically the arm part of the swim) could be stronger so i askes for some drills to help me out. i know what i'm doing wrong it's a matter of teaching my arms to do it the right way. so i tried the drill out. she told me to try swimming with only one arm doing the stroke. this would allow me to watch that arm more intently and focus on what it's doing. i don't know if i did the drill right, but i'll definitely try it again. i also did a drill that i've learned before that always seems to help me. swimming with fists, then 1 finger, 2 fingers and so on. that one always seems to help. i think i might encorporate it in all my swims from now on.

here's what i did last night:

Intermediate – 2000 Total Yards
Warm Up: 200 LVL 2 (15”RI_
6 x 50 (25 LVL 2, 25 choice drill) (20”RI)
200 K, 200 LVL 2 (NO RI)

Main Set: 300 LVL 3 (30” RI)
3 x 75 LVL 8 (30”RI)
1 x 75 LVL 3 (20”RI)
2 x 50 LVL 8 (30”RI)
1 x 50 LVL 3 (20”RI)
1 x 50 LVL 8 (30”RI)
200 LVL 3 (FORM)

Cool Down: 100 LVL 2

No comments: