Sunday, February 15, 2009

valentine's training

yesterday morning i woke up bright and early at 6am.  i got my riding and running gear together, had a little breakfast and went to training in san ramon.

the training called for 100 minute bike ride, and a 15 minute run.  as you know, biking always makes me nervous.  and in the potential rain and wet roads, i was even more nervous.  luckily the rain held off, and i had a wonderful ride.  the hills were a bit challenging, not too steep but definitely long.  i ended up finishing my with 21.28 miles in 101 minutes.  my maximum speed was 29.9 mph (i love downhills).  and my average mph was 12.5.  woo hoo!  i remember when my average mph was only about 10.  great improvement for me.

and finished off my training with my fifteen minute run and then it was off to the house.

as a bonus!  my cousin cherylle and her boyfriend ron planned on having dinner with me and phil.  before they arrived, i received a text from her announcing their engagement.  woohoo!  sooo excited for them.

No comments: