Monday, February 23, 2009

training 2/21

Saturday's training called for a bike/run/bike and I was feeling quite sluggish but knowing that I need all the help I can get for the bike, this was not a training to miss. So, bright and early, I got up and ready and drove out to Fairfax.

The plan was to ride 8 miles to our destination get off our bikes run for 30 mins and ride back to our cars. 16 miles...whew! Piece of cake! UMMMM...NOOOO! The 8 miles to our destination is allllllll uphill or should I say upMOUNTAIN! Omg...turn after turn was another grade that I had to go up. Some of the parts were mild uphills but the majority were pretty steap grades. Thank lord the way back only had one major grade and that was at the begining of the ride, so the rest of the ride back I got to coast or speed down the downhills.

Thankfully, I don't think Lavaman will be that bad, so I should be ahead of the game.

No comments: