Tuesday, February 10, 2009

training 02.10.09

tonight is tuesday night and like all my tuesday nights should be tonight was a swim night. we had a pretty big swim goal today in our main swim. in the main set, i had to swim 750 meters, non-stop, TWICE! that's 30 laps in a regular 25 meter pool which is what pools normally are. now i know i could do this, b/c during my ironman training i could swim 42 laps in non-stop in half an hour. i wish i had my watch to time myself, i felt great in the pool today.

i switched some of my warm up drills tonight b/c as i stated before, i need to work on the arm part of my swimming. i should be getting more strength out of them, if you catch my drift. (haha no pun intended.) anyway, i think my drills really helped. during the main set of my swim, i seemed to feel more smooth in the water and i just felt like i was flowing so well. and my arm was a sore, which means i was using muscles that i don't normally use. =)

tonight there were a lot of people in the pool trying to do laps, very rare so i kindda had to work around some people. at first i was a little bothered, but then i thought to myself, this is gonna be worse on race day. andddd, i thought of the waves that the people were making like the waves the ocean is going to bring. so, in the end, i welcomed the company.

i'll add the routine i did tomorrow. thanks for following.

No comments: