Tuesday, August 23, 2011

4 more nights

only 4 more nights until my next half marathon, "The Giant Race." so tonight is going to be my last long run until the race. i intend on doing other workouts and some interval training on the treadmill in the meantime.

the sun was beaming, and according to my phone it was 88 degrees degrees in redwood city, where i work. and the sun stayed with me the whole time i drove home, so i was excited to get my run in. but in true daly city form, as i got closer to the lake, the fog took over. i was a little disappointed that the sun wasn't out, but i was moreso worried that i would be too cold. i was wearing shorts. but when i stepped out of my car, the weather was perfect.

as for my run tonight...IT FELT AMAZING! i don't know what it was tonight. maybe it was the 12 minute nap that i took in my car before getting my run in or just plain ol' determination. for some reason, i had a pep in my step from the very beginning. i was able to start with a faster pace and i was determined to keep it up throughout the whole course. my stride felt good, i kept my heart rate and cramps in tact with my breathing...tonight's run just felt right. and i was excited to see what my time would be.

here's my time for tonight. =D yeay!!!

i was just over 1 minute to my fastest time.


No comments: