Saturday, August 13, 2011

WHAT! Only 2 weeks left...AHHH!

In exactly 2 weeks I'll be running "The Giant Race," also known as the SF Giants half marathon. Oh Lordy...in true Melanie fashion I have definitely been slacking on training. But, this time has gotten ridiculous. I haven't gotten many runs in AT ALL! Oh uh!!!

So today, I decided I better just push myself and get in a long run. I ran around the whole lake on my first lap and took the bridge on my second. This has been the longest I've run this whole year. The closest I've even done to that this year was Bay 2 Breakers in May! I'm definitely gonna feel this tomorrow. I had to push myself the whole time and had to get used to getting into the zone again. But, overall I did it and I finished strong.

I kept telling myself that I would be happy finishing what I thought would be an 8 mile run with a pace of 15min/mile. I mean I haven't done a long run since May and I was having a hard time pushing myself. But to my surprise...





Whoa! I definitely surprised myself. And my legs feel good as of now. I guess I should push myself a little harder on the next run. But, I'll make that judgement call on how sore I feel on Monday.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: