Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Giant Race 2011 Race Report

Yesterday I completed another half marathon. As with every race, I was a little nervous but more excited to see what time I could get.

I met up with my friend Chris and his friends in the beginning and we started the race out together. Of course they are really faster with me and separated at some point in the beginning. Which is fine with me b/c I don't really like running "with" people. I like setting my own pace and pushing through.

The weather for the race was perfect. It was overcast but warm with a slight breeze from time to time. And the course was great. I love running along the Embarcadero, so I AM a little biased. We started off behind AT&T park and ran along the Embarcadero, through Aquatic Park, by Fort Mason, along Crissy Field and we turned around to go back before the Golden Gate bridge and ran back.

My run was great! I only slowed down three times. The first time was to take some footage of BRIAN WILSON!!! He was in the middle of the course! I should've taken a picture with him, but I was too concerned with my time so I only filmed him for a quick second (literally). But, Janelley sure got a picture with him. The second and thrid time were to reup on some fluids at around mile 7 and mile 11.

The last mile was grueling, felt like the longest mile ever. But after 12 miles, that will happen. lol As I rounded the corner into the back of the park, onto the field, I could see the finish. I filmed some of this so you'll see it. But I was more excited to see that the clock read something under 2hr 40min. My fastest time so far was 2hr 44min from Vegas, so this was a great accomplishment for me. I can't wait to see what my actual time will be. I could've gotten an approximate read on my actual time b/c I was running my RunMeter app on my phone, but I forgot to end it until later. Oopsy!

I'll be sure to post my actual tag time as soon as I find it out. And a short video of snippets of my race day should be coming soon as well.

1 comment:

trisha victorio said...

PROUD OF YOU MEL! :)