Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hold on to the good and let go of the bad

Lord knows I am no where near where I wanted to be at this juncture in my life. But I'm happy for EVERYTHING that has ever happened.

Without the let downs and failures, I would never know how to pick myself back up and start anew. I would never know that I had the strength to stand on my own two feet and try again. Without the heartbreak, I would never know how to let myself be open and free again. How to simply be more than content with MYSELF. Without making mistakes, I wouldn't know how to do it the right way. I've always said that I don't believe in regrets, rather I believe in learning from everything you encounter, good or bad, you can always take a lesson away from it.

I think like everyone does a spring cleaning of our homes, we need to do a cleansing of our lives. If that means cutting out bad habits or negative people in our lives, so be it. We all need to reevaluate ourselves time and time again.

I write this as I'm coming into that stage again where I'm simply at peace with myself. I haven't seen this "peace" in what seems to be a really long time, but I can see it coming and boy am I ready for it. It seems that recently, I often find myself surprising...well myself. I've come to conclusions, resolutions and revelations within the past year. And, I'm looking forward to what is to come.

So to all of you that are in a gray area of your life. Just look at how far you've already come. Learn to let go, and look forward to the good to come. I honestly believe that everything starts falling into place only when you are truly at peace with yourself.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: