Monday, January 3, 2011

last run of 2010

so it's 2011 already which means this post is kindda late. better late than never and i'm really proud of myself for this accomplishment so i just had to share.

everyone knows that eating "right" during the holidays is a hard task. although, for me, i'm not so concerned with WHAT i'm eating, rather HOW MUCH. i've actually been really good and i don't think i overindulged too much. but, i definitely wanted to get a run in during my long weekend.

so, the day after christmas, i willed myself out of bed (b/c getting out of bed is a task everyday of my life), ate a little something and went on my new 5.2 mile trail. i was excited for this run b/c i wanted to try out this running app on my phone. too bad for me, the trail i love to run is a bit in the woods and there's no service. so 13 seconds into my run, the app stop working...booooo!!! and of course, b/c i don't like looking at a clock when i run, i didn't notice this until i finished. butttt, the app did record the time i started and i got a text message the very instant i finished so i was able to calculate my run.

i started at 123pm and finished at 213pm, which means i ran the trail in 50 minutes flat! i averaged 9.62 minutes/mile. HOLY MOLY!!! even i thought i was trippin. i know this isn't majorly fast but it's definitely an accomplishment for me.

there are some rolling hills, so i'm wondering if the downhills are what have me running so much faster...so my plan is to run good ol' lake merced again to compare. let's hope i'm really faster and this is not just a fluke! lol

No comments: