Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Blazers...so sexy!

i used to live in blazers. working at bebe for some time in college, i was granted the privilege of a 40% discount. oh how i wish i still had that privilege, it's so hard for me to buy things from there knowing what i would have paid for. little cousins, someone get a job here. lol

anyhow, working there and getting an amazing discount, i bought my share of suits. there's just something about a a blazer and slacks or better yet a pencil skirt that just makes me smile. i love the look and the feel i get when wearing these pieces. i would wear the pieces separately when going out or going to a nice dinner and sometimes together for a really nice event. and then i started working at oracle and wore them almost everyday. as I moved up, i didn't have to dress up so often so slowly i drifted out of wearing them...not to mention, i gained so much weight i didn't fit into them anymore. lmao! don't worry i'm working on getting back into those suits. i am determined to fit back into all my old but classic clothes.

i know people usually dress the way they feel...trust me i do the same. but every once in awhile there's just that power suit or power outfit that helps you do the opposite....feel the way i dress. or maybe you are having an awesome start to the day and you dress real good b/c you feel real good and then you feel even better. that was the type of day i was having yesterday. to be honest with you i should do this more often.

putting the blazer back on yesterday made me remember how much i loveeee them. looks like the two blazers i bought right before christmas are definitely going to get put to good use.

here's the power outfit of the day:

blazer: H&M $49.95
necklace: 3 tier necklace with black and white pearls and flowers from for love. i got this some time ago, so i don't remember the price maybe around $10
blue tank: racerback tank from express $19.90
pants: black skinny jeans made by jolt. around $30
ring: this has often been called my hello kitty ring, which is fine by me b/c we all know i LOVE hello kitty, but it's actually from H&M. around $5
watch: it's my daddy's (this is my new outfit staple along with my radio ring)

a closer look:
you can barely see this bracelet on my other arm, but it's one of my favorites and i've had it for years. yep, that's a LV flower. my mom bought this for me for me many many many years ago. i wish i would've got the other style they had too b/c they don't have these anymore.

these were my earrings, from H&M. i'm pretty sure these were around $5

shoes: by anne michelle $36

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I adore suits - love wearing them love the way I feel when I have one on. Working around mostly men it's nice to know that I can 'power suit' it on days when I need just a little edge. Nothing garners more respect around the computer geeks I work with like a skirt suit and some spiky heals ;)