Wednesday, January 12, 2011

oh it hurts so good

last night was my first session of boot camp. i wasn't sure what to expect as this was my first boot camp ever and i'm not too familiar with the instructor.

we did some jogging around the basketball court to warm up and then went into what i would describe as basketball running drills, running sideways in a squat position and such. then we basically went into circuit training where we would run a little and then do a drill and run and then do another drill. we even did some bosu work, which i was really excited about b/c i love working with the bosu.

bosus are those things that look like a half exercise ball. bosu stands for both sides up. you can use these for so many exercises I LOVE IT! b/c it's not a flat surface you have to use your core more to balance you out. you can use it with the ball side up and use it to do some step drills. you can use it to do planks. stand on it and squat and then jump. you can place it ball side down and use it to do push ups. you can even just stand on it on either side and do free weights. this tool is so versatile, if you've never used it, i recommend trying it.

all in all i had a great work out. sweat was dripping all down my face and unfortunately, into my eye. ouch, but what a great feeling to know the workout was good. as i wound down to go to sleep last night i could feel my muscles aching slightly, so i knew i had a great workout.

this morning i could feel my muscles were tense which hurts a little, but puts an even bigger smile on my face. i'm probably going to me in more pain tomorrow b/c remember the worst soreness comes 2 days after. and lucky me i get to do it all over again for day 2 of boot camp.

No comments: