Monday, January 3, 2011

Closing out 2010 with a BANG ... literally

BANG BANG BANG! i've been wanting to go shooting for about umm...10 years now. my bf in high school is actually the one that got me interested in shooting and guns in general. he and his family are actually really big into hunting and of course along with the rifles, own a few pistols as well. my little taste of shooting was going paintballing with him and his dad. forest not speedball...i would have never survived at speedball. and honestly, being in the forest with all the make shift bunkers really added to the fun. that's the closest i'll ever get to a war field. lol

we would go to the range but for some reason we never rented a lane. and i would always go to the gun/knife shows when ever they were in town. so in all that time, i actually got really comfortable being around guns.

during our christmas get together my sister was talking to my uncle about her fantasy gun...a kimber. and so we all made a date to go to the range.










i'd say i did fairly well for my first time!

totally fun and totally addicting. adding a gun to my wishlist of items will probably come soon. but for now i'll borrow my uncle's browning. and perhaps my sister's kimber once she gets hers. all i know is i've just been formally introduced to my new addiction. looks like visiting the range will be a AT LEAST a monthly affair.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

J Lopez said...

I can't wait to get my KIMBER!

Shawn said...

awesome! I grew up in Wyoming and I thus have done a lot of shooting. I find it to be really fun and is one of the things I miss most about living in the middle of nowhere. I'm going to have to find a shooting range! :D